THE PANDEMIC TWIST: KEEP THE SPIRIT HIGH


The Covid19 pandemic has been going on for about a half a year now. The whole world confuses about what to do with this problem. I feel a lot of empathy for those who are deeply affected by the pandemic. I keep thinking about them each day. I also concern about my family in Indonesia. So far so good, no news is good news, although I know that Indonesians do not complain quickly. They are tough people. 

In my professional life, most of the assignments are postponed or canceled. Luckily, it didn't affect me so much personally. I travel abroad less which turns out to be a blessing because I learn more about the Netherlands now by traveling more domestically. I get used to working at home, too, so the concept of working at home during the pandemic, is not new at all. I have no crisis of missing others or colleagues. 

The blessing in disguise of the pandemic is that most people are forced to get used to online mode. I am thankful to be able to organize online programs or to join them anytime anywhere. It was great to listen to a seminar about heritage from the side of a lake in the countryside of the Netherlands. When the seminar was over, I jumped into the lake to swim. I have nothing to complain. 

The challenge is to maintain enthusiasm and passion in the long run. When the whole world confuses, how do I stay intact, creative, healthy, and genuine in what I do? Focus, focus, and focus. Positive, positive, and positive. Grow, grow, and grow. Mentally and physically. 

We don't know when the pandemic is over. What we know is that we need to keep our spirit high, no matter what. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REFLECTION ON 2023

RISE AND FALL OF SUGAR INDUSTRY IN INDONESIA

INFILL DEVELOPMENT