24th Anniversary of Sumatra Heritage Trust

On 29 April 2022 Sumatra Heritage Trust or in Indonesian called BWS (Beranda Warisan Sumatra) celebrated its 24th anniversary.

As one of the founders and the former Executive Director (1998-2005), I am happy for them and proud that the younger generation continues the ideal to raise awareness about cultural heritage. It has never been easy and will never be easy to keep the ideal and to share it with many stakeholders for a long time. 

An ideal can fade away easily. It needs to be communicated continuously and promoted tirelessly. What helps is that we are passionate about cultural heritage. Passions keep us all motivated. At least that is my experience. After more than 30 years of working and being active in cultural heritage, I never get bored with cultural heritage. I see cultural heritage everywhere I go and that makes my work interesting, always. 

I do hope that BWS will survive for another 24 years, another 24 years, and another 24 years.

These are pictures sent by BWS from Medan about the celebration of the anniversary.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REFLECTION ON 2023

RISE AND FALL OF SUGAR INDUSTRY IN INDONESIA

INFILL DEVELOPMENT