LET'S BIKE!

I have a lot of sympathy for my fellow Indonesians in several cities like Jakarta and Yogyakarta who try to promote "Bike to Work." It must be hard to bike in a city of 12 million people like Jakarta, where no bike infrastructure at all. I have experienced it in Medan and decided not to put myself in danger.

But in Holland, between spring and fall, if the weather permits, I bike in the evening after dinner for one to two hours around villages close to home. Mostly it is about 30 to 40 kilometers. I can tell you that it is addictive, once you do it. Just to give an idea why, I share some spots that I see along the bike paths.



The start, in front of my house in Amsterdam




Public art work








Signages



Public recreation (inclusive children playground)



Very cozy bench


Farm house with summer flowers







Farm, farm and farm





A restoration project





Water, water and water






Sufficient maps for the bikers



Old windmills were replaced by the new ones



Old bridge



A good place to balance the lost calories




A quiet bike path



Crossing highway



Then back home....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REFLECTION ON 2023

RISE AND FALL OF SUGAR INDUSTRY IN INDONESIA

INFILL DEVELOPMENT